Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2006
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 New Commish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: New Commish   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:00 am

Hey, I'd just like to let people know that I don't want to be Commish for next year, rather I'd just like to be a regular member. It's a decent amount of work involved, and free time is dwindling for me, so I'd like someone else to take over as Commish. If someone wants to take over soon, that's fine as well. I'm not if people should nominate someone, them accept, or anything. Thanks. Not leaving the league, just don't have that much time between all the leagues to be a commish for much longer, and thought this place would be better served if someone who had more time on their hands.

Stephen (Knuckleball) is already a commish (I promoted him when we needed to do the schedule, and he's been the one adding most of the Created Players on CBS)- although he doesn't have the approval/veto rights.

Anyway, I just wanted people to know, and if someone wants to volunteer to do the job, it'd be appreciated. Basically every rule depends on league vote, so there isn't much that you actually control, just have to do the adding/dropping, approving trades, etc. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

avatar

Number of posts : 1920
Age : 30
Location : Middletown, IN
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:13 pm

I'd like to volunteer.. I know some in the league aren't fond of me. Mainly just two ppl, but I talk with most in the league on a regular basis. Not looking to put myself in a power position or anything like that. I just feel like I am one of the more active members and would like the added responsibilities. I've brought up some possible ideas that could make our league run smoother and look forward to presenting them further in the off-season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:28 am

yeah I think you'd be the worst possible candidate to be honest
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

avatar

Number of posts : 1920
Age : 30
Location : Middletown, IN
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Achtung Baby wrote:
yeah I think you'd be the worst possible candidate to be honest

Thats exactly the kind of comment thats uncalled for. If it comes down to a vote, then by all means don't vote for me if thats how you feel. Just because you and I don't see eye to eye doesn't mean I wouldn't be a great candidate for the position though. I've been apart of the league since it started. I may be opinionated, but I am one of the most active owners in this league. If I was able to be one of the commishes by number one goal would be to oversee the revising of the League Rules, so that they would more clearly state all possible situations and consequences. In that goal, I would like to see things carried out a little more tightly, it wasn't all Stephen's fault that his roster got to the position it was. Someone in our league management needs to be periodically checking those kinds of things, atleast at the start of every season. I realize people are busy, and thats why I'm volunteering my spare time if the league members will let me. Not saying our current commishes haven't done a great job, they have, just believe I can bring something more to the table in an expanded role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonzo
Commissioner
avatar

Number of posts : 1374
Age : 27
Location : West Bloomfield, MI
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Yea I dont think I am going to commish next year either (not that I have done much this year anyways). I dont have the time too commish and combined with my laziness I should probably step down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:32 am

Why do I feel the end of EBHD is drawing near?!?! Sad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 am

I'm not done commishing yet. Not that it would be a huge change, but there will be some sort of familiarity here
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:12 am

Well I'm not quitting, just that I'm not going to have that much time next year. I feel like the league would be better run if someone else was doing it next year, because it takes a bit of work to update the bids, add players, etc. Probably would be more prompt with the work since now I basically update the bidding forum every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:26 am

have another commish or 2 to handle the "paperwork" aspect of the league.. its a big job in itself.. i wish i could step up here but i'm also too busy for it
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 am

Well the problem is that no one wants to do that. It's not like I can hire someone to go do it.

If I add 1 or 2 commishes, thats 5, or 25% of the league, which seems excessive. TBC already helps out with adding players (he's been the one adding most of the made up players) but the bidding needs someone as well. And I figure no one is going to just volunteer and say "Hey I'll handle the bidding" without any incentive, so I figured I'd step down so they'd have some kind of incentive to do so.

Because other wise, the rules thing only happens in the offseason (and everything is voted on by the league anyway, if there should be a change) and the trades are approved on CBS. Its really the bidding that's the problem. And I came to the conclusion that if I don't really want to or if I don't have the time do the "paperwork" aspect of it, then I probably shouldn't be commish and should let someone else who may want to have the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 am

Why not just let people add their own players, then. We are adults, most of us anyway. We should be able to police ourselves and know when someone wins a bid. Make it a stiff penalty for anyone caught abusing the privilege of adding players.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:20 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Achtung Baby wrote:
yeah I think you'd be the worst possible candidate to be honest

Thats exactly the kind of comment thats uncalled for. If it comes down to a vote, then by all means don't vote for me if thats how you feel. Just because you and I don't see eye to eye doesn't mean I wouldn't be a great candidate for the position though. I've been apart of the league since it started. I may be opinionated, but I am one of the most active owners in this league. If I was able to be one of the commishes by number one goal would be to oversee the revising of the League Rules, so that they would more clearly state all possible situations and consequences. In that goal, I would like to see things carried out a little more tightly, it wasn't all Stephen's fault that his roster got to the position it was. Someone in our league management needs to be periodically checking those kinds of things, atleast at the start of every season. I realize people are busy, and thats why I'm volunteering my spare time if the league members will let me. Not saying our current commishes haven't done a great job, they have, just believe I can bring something more to the table in an expanded role.

I like my commishes to have reading comprehension. If you can hit the books all summer and work on that, then perhaps you'd be pretty good at it.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
avatar

Number of posts : 861
Age : 47
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:27 pm

The King Maker wrote:
Well the problem is that no one wants to do that. It's not like I can hire someone to go do it.

If I add 1 or 2 commishes, thats 5, or 25% of the league, which seems excessive. TBC already helps out with adding players (he's been the one adding most of the made up players) but the bidding needs someone as well. And I figure no one is going to just volunteer and say "Hey I'll handle the bidding" without any incentive, so I figured I'd step down so they'd have some kind of incentive to do so.

Because otherwise, the rules thing only happens in the offseason (and everything is voted on by the league anyway, if there should be a change) and the trades are approved on CBS. Its really the bidding that's the problem. And I came to the conclusion that if I don't really want to or if I don't have the time do the "paperwork" aspect of it, then I probably shouldn't be commish and should let someone else who may want to have the opportunity.

Hey, I'll handle the bidding. Without any incentive. I would rather keep you and Gonzo to "manage the league." You guys have done a great job, and if picking up a little of the grunt work allows you to "keep on keepin' on," then I'll pitch in (I guess that is a bit of incentive). The fact is if a few of us pitch in on each of these mundane tasks, it would make us all appreciate a bit more what you have been doing.

So, I throw my hand up to do the bidding. TBC can handle the adds (so you don't need to add another commish control to CBS. Just allow me to lock threads here (which I'll only do in the bidding area). But, it's under the stipulation that you boys remain "in control." This will also create a check and balance (i do bidding, but TBC does the official adds), plus you guys can "look over my shoulder" (I'm going to try to set a record for "" in a post) to further make sure we're in line without having to put excessive amounts of time in on a day to day basis.

(and not to leave you out - soxdude is doing a tremendous job, "too!")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Achtung Baby wrote:
bryanmurphy9 wrote:
Achtung Baby wrote:
yeah I think you'd be the worst possible candidate to be honest

Thats exactly the kind of comment thats uncalled for. If it comes down to a vote, then by all means don't vote for me if thats how you feel. Just because you and I don't see eye to eye doesn't mean I wouldn't be a great candidate for the position though. I've been apart of the league since it started. I may be opinionated, but I am one of the most active owners in this league. If I was able to be one of the commishes by number one goal would be to oversee the revising of the League Rules, so that they would more clearly state all possible situations and consequences. In that goal, I would like to see things carried out a little more tightly, it wasn't all Stephen's fault that his roster got to the position it was. Someone in our league management needs to be periodically checking those kinds of things, atleast at the start of every season. I realize people are busy, and thats why I'm volunteering my spare time if the league members will let me. Not saying our current commishes haven't done a great job, they have, just believe I can bring something more to the table in an expanded role.

I like my commishes to have reading comprehension. If you can hit the books all summer and work on that, then perhaps you'd be pretty good at it.

Then how do you tolerate Al???

I kid, I kid.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey, if you want to handle the minor leagues, thats great, thanks. If we can get someone to just do the minor league bidding system, we'd be good to stay on as commishes.

I'm not sure if Bryan wants to handle just the bidding part as well, but if he does we'd put it up for a vote, since two people did volunteer for a position. If not, we'll give it to Jam by default.

Thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
avatar

Number of posts : 861
Age : 47
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Ok. Let me know what you want. Bryan, if you want to do it, you're more than welcome. My main goal was to take something off the commisshes. We don't really need a vote. What say ye, Bryan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey, I'm having some trouble here lately getting on.

Hey, jam would you be opposed to stepping up now? I'll move you to commish here so you can edit the threads and stuff. I'll update the outstanding prospects (edit) tomorrow, but from say tomorrow on, are you willing to take over? Thanks either way.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
avatar

Number of posts : 861
Age : 47
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:59 am

Sorry for the late response (not a great way to start off). I was actually away 2 weeks, and when nobody took me up on the initial offer, I didn't bother checking. But, I'm back and am willing and able. Just let me know where you left off, and I'll pick it up from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamcam13
Commissioner
avatar

Number of posts : 861
Age : 47
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:41 am

It actually looks like TBC is already doing what needs to be done (locking the bidding threads). So, if he doesn't mind continuing, you can leave me out of it. We don't need "too many cooks." Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knuckleball
Commissioner


Number of posts : 666
Age : 31
Location : Granite Bay, CA
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:20 am

I am only doing it at the end of the week if it has not been done as well as the normal maintenance on the CBS site for adding players. In addition, I think I am doing more of the things Luis was and therefore more likely to transition fully into his spot next year. So you are more than welcome to maintain the minor league bidding system and basically take over for Al.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New Commish   Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 am

I'll be able to help a little bit more going forward than the last couple months. Flurry of stuff at work being shorthanded, so I'm spending my days there and most of my fantasy leagues have taken the hit. Things are starting to get back on track once the last employee comes back from vacation so I won't have to be pulling 5 doubles a week anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Commish   

Back to top Go down
 
New Commish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Seattle U to WCC? and Interview w/ WCC Commish

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extra Base Hit Dynasty :: League Update Archive-
Jump to: