Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2006

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Late Season Tanking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Tanking
Status Quo
25%
 25% [ 4 ]
Weighted Lottery- Bottom 3-5
31%
 31% [ 5 ]
Draft Pick Decrease
44%
 44% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Late Season Tanking   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 am

Late Season Tanking

1. Status Quo

2. Implement a bottom 3-5 weighted lottery

3. Drop a team's draft pick by one each week during the last 4-5 weeks

The Poll is for 15 days
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Late Season Tanking   Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Been lurking for a while, but just not too chatty. FWIW, we need to be super clear to a manager that it is believed he is tanking and just not out of town, away, etc, before penalty if this passes - probably needs something like 3 weeks of inactivity or something to be legit IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huztler

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Late Season Tanking   Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:40 pm

ThunderBalls wrote:
Been lurking for a while, but just not too chatty. FWIW, we need to be super clear to a manager that it is believed he is tanking and just not out of town, away, etc, before penalty if this passes - probably needs something like 3 weeks of inactivity or something to be legit IMO

Agreed. If anyone would be accused of tanking it would be me as I have the first overall pick every year. But, my team genuinely sucks balls. I always have an active roster and I don't have MiLB guys all over my MLB roster. It seems like I get a reminder every year but there is never anything i can do about it and then it blows over when I point out that I have to start James Loney. Inactivity is one thing, tanking is another and just having a shit MLB roster is yet another. I don't really see how you can vote on tanking when it is not clearly defined. I think the "warning" thing is necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamcam13
Commissioner

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Late Season Tanking   Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 am

The decrease in draft picks option makes no sense. So, we have someone tanking, and we are DECREASING their ability to compete in the future? How does that make sense? And, what if they leave? Will we re-install the draft picks for the incoming owner? If so, what penalty was served?

I think we need to do something, but this doesn't seem to be a solution. We like to give ourselves advantages (see the poll for keeping status quo on the cut down - I'd guess there's a corralation between those voting status quo there and take away draft picks here).

I voted draft lottery, but that's also because that would be a nice winter diversion.

Again - I would force everyone to pay 1 year in advance of entry fee, and if they leave, they lose it. Then, the penalty of tanking can be removal from the league (and thus, lose next year's entry fee). It would also make it easier finding a new owner for teams in a position to tank - now they only need to pay NEXT year's fee and get a freebie in effect. (I guess they are still paying for a year, but if they understand what we are doing, it would make sense).

I don't see how making bad teams more disadvantaged makes the league better (read: competitive).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Season Tanking   

Back to top Go down

Late Season Tanking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1