Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2006

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Collecting League Fees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Collecting League Fees   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Use a push rather than a pull to get what you want if we have typically had a number of payments drag out. Make the fee $75 with a concrete deadline of March 1 each season, but discounted to $60 if paid early, say by Feb 1. Payments wont dribble in that way each season and whatever is collected is going to be 100% paid out in prize money anyway. Id start that beginning with the 2015 season.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Collecting League Fees   Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Agree. I've been saying for years we need folks to shit or get off the pot. If the penalty scares some folks off, then fine. Would suck losing an owner, but it's even worse when we get to the end of the year and we're waiting on payments b/c 1 owner hasn't paid. Why did they have the money in October but not February? It's $60. If you don't have that available, quite frankly, I'm not sure Fantasy Sports is where you should be spending your money to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Collecting League Fees   Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 pm

I agree that there should be a league wide payment structure with dates, but most of the people in this league have been here for a few years, so we know eventually we'll get the money. As of now, we've implemented a hard date for any joining members since they are new. I don't think it's a lack of funds that cause delays, I think (like me) a good amount of people play in fantasy sports year round and take money won from one sport to pay the entrance fee to the other sport and find that easier than adding your bank to your paypal and transferring money.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 1920
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Collecting League Fees   Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Silver King ironPigs wrote:
Use a push rather than a pull to get what you want if we have typically had a number of payments drag out. Make the fee $75 with a concrete deadline of March 1 each season, but discounted to $60 if paid early, say by Feb 1. Payments wont dribble in that way each season and whatever is collected is going to be 100% paid out in prize money anyway. Id start that beginning with the 2015 season.

I personally really love this idea and would like to see it voted on. I've been one for hard dates all along and couldn't agree more with Jammy.. If you can't pay $60 before the MiLB draft starts in February for the upcoming season then you need to revaluate playing fantasy sports. Like James said, implementing this going forward in 2015 would be best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting League Fees   

Back to top Go down

Collecting League Fees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1