Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2006

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:19 pm

All successful waiver claims and free agent acquisitions must be kept for at least 24 hours before being waived.

I was the biggest abuser of this last season, though keep-away was not my intention, though it was the result.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:28 pm

100% absolutely must have this. You pick someone up it should be locked. You pick someone up by mistake - oh, well. Shit happens.

I would even be ok with a 48 hour rule, as 24 hours really doesn't prevent streaming. It really just prevents folks from cock blocking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

I believe churning is turned off here, so if you claim someone and then drop them the same day before games go into effect, then that person isn't on the WW and is back on the free agent market. So essentially, the 24 hour rule still stands, we just had a few instances where fantrax didn't process it as churning and returned them to the WW. But if you pick someone up, and a game has started, the 24 hour rule is already in effect, since that spot now can't be used for today's games anymore.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:13 pm

The King Maker wrote:
I believe churning is turned off here, so if you claim someone and then drop them the same day before games go into effect, then that person isn't on the WW and is back on the free agent market.  So essentially, the 24 hour rule still stands, we just had a few instances where fantrax didn't process it as churning and returned them to the WW.  But if you pick someone up, and a game has started, the 24 hour rule is already in effect, since that spot now can't be used for today's games anymore.  

I can guarantee you that wasn't what happened last year. They were definitely thrown into waiver wire and not free agency. If that's since been changed, fine. But, last year what you are saying was definitely not in effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knuckleball
Commissioner

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

They didn't have the churning feature last year, I clicked that feature for the 2014 season though so people shouldn't be able to pick up and drop players within a couple of minutes and have them be unusable for that gameday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
They didn't have the churning feature last year, I clicked that feature for the 2014 season though so people shouldn't be able to pick up and drop players within a couple of minutes and have them be unusable for that gameday.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 1920
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Stephen's change should really fix this for upcoming season
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Weekly waivers will also fix this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away   

Back to top Go down

Keep Daily Streaming from resulting in a game of keep-away
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1